Sunday, September 10, 2006

Week1blogEntry

This week was quite a change for me as I have been out of high school for 5 years now and find myself making a lot of adjustments to my personal schedule in order to create sufficient study time.

What I already knew about this week’s Com material?

Being a mature student, with perhaps more years of experience than the majority of the student body at OC, I have a clear understanding of the expectations there are for us to be respectable individuals towards our fellowmen.

What I still wonder about this week’s Com material?

The only thing that I’m still wondering about in regards to the week’s lesson material is exactly how each week is going to play out and how it will affect my personal life.

What I learned this week?

Even though I may be a self professed, “techy geek,” I have never learned about macro’s and their connection to word documents and viruses. I found that the introduction to double-entry journals renewed for me the importance of keeping a journal, but also enlightened my understanding in that it is another great source of learning. I guess I never envisioned my college experience as being one where the majority of the learning came from fellow students.

How I participated?

Both JP and I responded to the call to be online tutors who would be willing to help fellow classmates through the technical aspects of the course, so already I’ve found myself answering questions in order to keep everyone up to speed. I hope to continue to be of help to anyone in need and encourage all students not to be afraid to ask questions. As Marc said in class, “There are no stupid questions.”

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home