Saturday, September 16, 2006

Dido Brother

You know, it is funny in life how some minds tend to think alike. Some even say that great minds think alike, but I won't go so far as to take upon myself this characteristic. I cannot help but agree with all of what JP has commented on this week in regards to the class.

As far as the material that was presented and discussed I already had a pretty clear understanding, particularly on the topic of creating PDF's. I personally thought that the time taken during week one's class to explain PDF's was sufficient enough for anyone to understand the PDF process, but apparently I was wrong.

I am also curious to know more about this new concept that was brought up regarding sentences and paragraphs. The old adage that the end of a paragraph is the end of a specific idea is what I've been taught and grown accustomed to, but now it seems that there is a whole new world of possibility with this concept of each sentence being the end of a specific idea.

Throughout my educational career, mainly high school, I have always struggled with the principles of grammar, particularly memorization and knowing all the details. Having been out of high school for 5 years and coming to understand and appreciate life more I now have a whole new outlook on things and find myself with a desire to learn and succeed. So, it has been a real delight to be back in the classroom atmosphere learning new things. Having this new desire makes all the difference and I find myself retaining more information than I could of ever imagined in high school. Even with the brief discussion in class regarding a few grammar principles I already find myself thinking differently when I write, so already, this college experience is proving worthwhile.

Both JP and I have been heavily involved with answering questions and being of support to other students in need, so in my mind there is no question that we are participating. In this weeks class I reiterated to our fellow students that we volunteered to be the class’s tech support for a reason and hope that each student will take advantage of the resource.

I completely agree with JP, who strongly emphasized the need to use all the resources available to us outside of class time such as; WebCT, e-mail, and direct contact with Marc during office hours. This will greatly improve the level of learning in the classroom and our ability to succeed, along with reducing the amount of confusion throughout the class which tends to occur when too many questions are asked. I think JP said it perfectly, "We pay good money to learn and taking time out of class for questions that could be easily answered on webct takes away from our education."

Until next week,

Steve Moyor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home