Saturday, September 23, 2006

Mid (Life) School Crisis

The feeling of time flying by is mutual. On Friday during math class our teacher tells us that our mid-term exam will be a week from Wednesday. We’ve only been in school for three weeks and already a mid-term!?! Wow!
I’ve been keeping up with the work load but I’ll have to step it up a notch in order to study for the exams.

What I learned this week

I also found the “I/we” attitude and the, “you” attitude to be very interesting. I sort of knew it was out there and that the concept was being used but I never actually paid much attention to it.

Single person projects have always been my forte while team projects have never worked well with me. When we are put into groups for class assignments I pull away from the group. This is natural for me because whenever I get into a group I always seem to do a lot of the work. Why do I bring this topic up? Because I learnt to be a bit more open while in groups for the cigarette commercial. How? Well I don’t really know. I just got off work so I’m really tired.

What I already knew and still wonder about


Unlike Steve I do not do well with public speaking and the only trouble I had in high school for essays were Persuasive ones. I was great at just spilling out the work and getting good grades even when I didn’t know what I was doing.
I still wonder about how I’m going to get the terms in my head. It is hard for me to memorize and terms were never the easiest for me.

How I participated

Together with Steve I have kept up to date with the question posts on WebCt. During class I also worked together with my team to put together a paper on the four topics of persuasion. After class I was asked by a number of people to help fix their computers; So I spent my lunch hour in the pit with laptops.


Now I don’t have a conclusion but I guess I’ll put my motto down too.

“Live Life and Learn; Bleed, Struggle, Reach Success.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home